Skip to main content

IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU

I remember being about 7 or 8 years of age when my family and I were all in my dad's Benz C class 300. There was quite a long queue of vehicles ahead of us. Typical Lagos traffic situation. We decided to buy chocolate flavoured yoghurts in that pyramid shaped pack from a hawker. The other four people in the vehicle had straws strapped to their yoghurt but mine had none. I remember the feeling. I remember feeling left out and unimportant, but I didn't open my mouth to complain.

I remember too, when I was in my last year in primary school. Our class teacher decided to show us how to make Yam & Fried eggs. When we were done with the cooking, what followed was, “line up on a single file so that I'll share it. If you're not on the line, you'll not get anything”. I obediently queued. Twenty minutes down the line, literally(but pun intended), it still hadn't got to my turn to get my share of the food on a queue of not more than twenty pupils. Again, I remember feeling unnoticed and invisible. My teacher noticed I'd not eaten a thing after a while and said “the patient dog eats the fastest bone” and gave me a generous portion. I remember stupidly not guarding my reward and allowing my food to be mobbed by greedy little hands.

I remember times I'd feel like I was invisible, literally, because there seemed to be nothing peculiar about me.

I remember not feeling cheated on on things that others got but I didn't. I was used to it anyway.

I remember having the feeling that I was never alive; I was a being in heaven watching what humans were doing down here like I was watching a movie.

Then I prayed one day, I was about 14, that if I was truly alive, then let me be conscious of my existence (never rule out prayers from your life), let me know, however, that someone thought I was physically visible to make friends with because they thought they saw physical things they liked about me.

About two weeks later, I got my answer. A friend. A real friend at last! That was enough for me. If I was still deluded sometimes and felt I was watching a movie from heaven, I wasn't alone at least.


I still don't like to get into a place where my presence will be everyone's focus. I'm still not a public kind of person and I don't think I'll ever be. But I'm very much conscious of my existence and my peculiarity. I'm aware that I'm the focus of this movie called life.

Living is ALL ABOUT ME until I die.

I can get and achieve ANYTHING I want because it's my story.

AND IT'S SUCH A JOY THAT IT WASN'T TOO LATE TO REALISE HOW I'M SUPPOSED TO LIVE.

YOU THAT YOU'RE ALIVE NOW, IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU! STAY, AND RE-WRITE YOUR SCRIPT😌

YOU'LL ENJOY WATCHING THIS MOVIE AGAIN AND AGAIN I PROMISE💞💪.

Share your experiences below if you can relate👇😘

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PLEASE, CHEAT!

Haa! More painful than 'shiing'* toe, have you ever liked someone or loved someone(depending on the gravity of dumbness) that you're 100% sure does not like you and will not, even in multiple reincarnations? My answer to my question is, Yes. My cousin. But wait, before you murder me, I was six and I didn't even know what it meant to like someone. All I remember is that, we were/are agemates and thus, she should have been suitable for me. And to state the real fact of things, many of you are in love with situations and positions that do not like you and have no good to offer you...but you keep loving up and are content to bask in this one sided love affair. Let's start with your zodiac sign. Why should your zodiac sign dictate how you live your life? *sigh* I'm Aries, but I'm not a freaking goat. I can't love the zodiac that doesn't love me, that doesn't want me to grow, that wants me to always please it, that wants me to remain static.

EXCERPTS FROM THE MIND OF A SOCIAL-MEDIA-USING GEN Z.

My dad called me downstairs one day. “How do you make a live video on Facebook?” I smirked. Because I was pretty sure that the ‘live’ feature was explained in detailed steps somewhere on the app. I was even more amused that even with his meticulousness and fastidiousness to detail, he still couldn’t figure it out. In two minutes, he was live. Well…” why did it take a couple minutes? ” you may ask. Because I am not on Facebook! Even with all the advancements Mr Zuckerberg has made, somehow the app still smells of musk, is damp and pale and has webs all around it like an old abandoned house. “The content of your messages and calls in an end-to-end encrypted conversation is protected from the moment it leaves your device to the moment it reaches the receiver’s device,” Facebook Messenger director of product management Ruth Kricheli. What a refreshing policy! Still doesn’t beat Twitter I’d say. Yes, I know there’s still no “edit” button, but the Gen Z gang and half the crop of Millenni

HOW ABOUT YOU JUST HUSH IT WHEN THE PROCESS IS ON?

Among the other big temptations that come our way everyday, there lies the hidden, albeit, very prominent one of them, the temptation to DECLARE YOUR GRANTS AS YOUR ASSET BEFORE THE PAPERWORK IS FULLY DONE. Yes I'm a Liverpool fan, and we just completed the greatest comeback of the 21st Century in the most elite football league in the world. And yes, 24 hours later Tottenham joins us to do a comeback and seal their first ever Final in the tournament's history. BUT YES, that inner sweet temptation to tell your haters that you're already winning is real for all of us...and there's no denying it. It has almost become like a pattern for many to have loads of people working against their dreams (actively or passively), then they begin to “shock the world” and prove their haters wrong, put up loathe-spiced “inspirational quotes” on their whatsapp, then they keep this good stint on for a while, then like the momentum of the pendulum that takes it to one far extreme and doesn